Well first lets go back a whole year. Hannah had a bad cold the day before her birthday party. The doc said she was fine and we went on with the party. That monday we took her back to the doctor to find out she had the flu. 4 days after that Ryder was put in the hospital for RSV and pneumonia. Fast forward to last monday. Hannah gets a cough and starts running a fever. It got to be 104.3 so I took her to the doc on wednesday morning. Strep and flu came back neg so they treated her for tonsillitis and started antibiotics. That afternoon her fever was still 104 so I took her back to the doc to get a shot. The next day the fever was still there so now the doc thinks she might have Roseolla virus which is high fever for 3-5 days and then the fever breaks and you get a rash. Well finally friday morning the fever breaks no rash so we really don't know what kind of funk she had and we get to have her birthday party on Saturday as planned. On Friday Ryder starts coughing and running a fever. I take him to the doc and get antibiotics to fight whatever he has coming because anything goes straight to his lungs. Saturday the poor guy has trouble breathing all day. We start him on oral steroids and breathing treatments to try and keep him out of the hospital. I got a babysitter (a friend that is a nurse) for him during Hannah's party, and as soon as we got home I knew he had to go to the doctor. The poor kid was using his whole body to breathe. We met my awesome doc at the office and she said we needed to admit him to the hospital. Yes a year later we are in the same place. We were positive he had RSV again but that and pneumonia came back negative. The doc says it was a virus or cold and that mixed with his asthma equalled bad news for the poor guys lungs. We made a little progress in the hospital and came to a point where we decided I could do everything they were doing there at home. So here we are. Doing breathing treatments every 2-3 hours, taking oral steroids, and visiting the doc as much as necessary. Hopefully the poor guy will start feeling better. Needless to say mom and dad have not slept all night since last monday. Yikes. I hope this week goes better. I will keep ya posted.
My poor kiddo
The princess of the party

4 comments:
poor baby! hannah looks so cute though!
Oh my goodness! YOu poor things...I hope little Ryder gets to feeling better soon! We will be praying for you guys (and that you get some sleep soon!)
I know how you feel... Hailey has been sick since Friday!! No sleep, No fun.
Hey, there was one good thing last week - I came to visit!! Looks like Hannah had a good time at her party - hope Ryder is starting to feel better!
Post a Comment